Wednesday 30 April 2014

an overload of induction tips

I've never written about what may or may not have triggered my labour (apart from the obvious of him being ready)..

Everyone, like literally everyone - male, female, parent or not, gives advice on inducing labour. There are more old wives tales on the topic than any other I'm sure. 

I know people mean well, but if I heard one more 'try having a curry' or 'drink raspberry leaf tea' I'd have screamed. For a start, whoever said have a curry or sex was male. Who in their right minds would want the possibility of a curry poo during labour and sex personally was the last thing on my mind. 

Anyway, so before I forget, the things that may (or more likely may not) have worked for me were:
  • going for lots of walks
  • swinging on the swings in the park
  • doing lunges around the living room
  • lots of rubbing in circular motions of the belly
  • salsa/ Zumba dance moves
So what you'll gather is basically just keep active, but perhaps try to use muscles that haven't been used for a while - the dafter you look prancing around the house the better if my experience is anything to go by.

No comments:

Post a Comment